East Bethel Horse Owner: 'I'm Not Doing Anything Wrong' | Pets
Seven more horses have been removed from an East Bethel farm because of poor health.
5 EYEWITNESS News first reported on the farm in August, when 10 malnourished horses were taken from the property.
Local authorities and the Animal Humane Society searched the farm again Wednesday after receiving a tip, and the seven horses are now at the University of Minnesota Medical Veterinary Center.
The humane society says photos prove the poor conditions the animals are living in. They say some horses can barely stand.
The owner of the horses, Lowell Friday, says he isn't doing anything wrong and the horses are fine. Investigators have presented a case against Friday to the county attorney's office; it remains under review.
Top Washington County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stillwater Lift Bridge Reopens Earlier than Expected
- Mahtomedi School District Requests Memories of Wildwood Elementary
- Bridge Construction Leads to No-Wake Zone on St. Croix
- Stillwater Lift Bridge Closed to Boat Traffic Until Further Notice
- Surveillance Video: Woman Steals Plant from Stillwater Business