Special Olympics Minnesota Athletes Compete in 2013 Fall Games | News
More than 1,800 Special Olympics Minnesota athletes are set to compete in the 2013 Fall Games this weekend.
Special Olympics Minnesota offers kids and adults with intellectual disabilities year-round sports training and competition. The 2013 Fall Games include bocce, equestrian, softball, and golf events, which will be held at the Bielenberg Sports Complex in Woodbury, the Northwest Saddle Club in North Branch, the Oak Marsh Golf Course in Oakdale, and East Ridge High School in Woodbury. Athletes of all skill levels will be competing.
The competitions begin at 8:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at Northwest Saddle Club. Celebration Ceremonies will then take place Saturday evening at the East Ridge High School Auditorium.
For more information about the 2013 Fall Games, click here.
Upcoming Events near Washington County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Standout Mankato Football Player Charged in Shooting near Renaissance Festival
- Key Lawmakers say 'No' to Idea for ATV Park Using Legacy Tax Money
- Byron Smith Fights Restitution to Teens' Families, Breaks Down in Court
- Inmate Dies in Stearns County Jail
- Report: Minnesota Dance Coach Fired over Hazing Incident