Washington County Conducts Controlled Burns | Environment
Beginning next week, Washington County residents may see some controlled burns taking place in their cities.
The burns will be in various prairies and woodlands from now until mid-May. According to a statement from the county, the fires are used to improve the growth of native vegetation, which includes shrubs, grasses and wildflowers. The burns are also used to control weeds.
The parks in Washington County scheduled for fires include the Lake Elmo Park Reserve, Big Marine Park Reserve, Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park at the county’s South Service Center and the County’s North Service Center in Forest Lake.
Upcoming Events near Washington County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ash Borer Infestation Found in Olmsted County
- After 43 Years, Sexual Abuse Victim Settles with Archdiocese
- Police: New Details in 20-Year-Old Rochester Cold Case
- Recount in St. Cloud School Board Race Sends Yussuf to General Election
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled